All the McAfee products have been equipped with various advanced features that offer a defensive layer against all the threats that may attack the users and harm their data. To get such a defensive layer, the users need to download the McAfee product on the device. Sometimes the users may face some common errors while downloading the McAfee Internet Security Suite and one of such common errors include the McAfee Internet Security SuiteError Code 31.
The McAfee error Code is mainly caused due to the wrong configurations of the system settings as well as due to some irregularities inside the registry files of the Windows. Apart from these some of the other causes of the McAfee error code 31 include improper software installation, Windows registry files being cluttered, incorrect input data fed by the users to the device and many more. As the error occurs on the device a message box is displayed on the screen showing the error messages as shown below:
“Error 31: McAfee Antivirus has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
“A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be crashed by the following file……”
There are some symptoms that may give users a rough idea about the error 31 has occurred on the device. Some of the symptoms are as follows:
- The program being active on the device gets crashed along with the “Code 31” message appears on the screen.
- The Windows response towards the users command via mouse and keyboard becomes slow.
- The device starts to freeze for a few seconds, periodically.
Follow the solutions mentioned below to resolve the McAfee Internet Security Suite Error Code 31, easily:
Method 1: Re-download the McAfee Internet Security:
- Visit the official website of McAfee.com/Activate.
- Now, sign in to the McAfee account by clicking the “Sign in” option displayed at the top right corner of the home page.
- For signing in to the account, type the registered email address and the password to the space provided to the users
- And then, click the “login” button.
- The “My Account” page will be displayed to the users.
- Now, click the “Device Protection” tab.
- And then, click the “Download” button.
- A small Window will appear on the screen, displaying the “McAfee Consumer Products End User License Agreement”.
- Read this License Agreement and click the “I Agree” button on the Window.
- Now, click the “Download” button.
- And then, follow the instructions set displayed on the screen for completing the installation process.
- Once the installation process gets completed, run the McAfee scanner to scan the device.
Method 2: Run the McAfee Virtual Technician:
- Run the McAfee official website.
- On the home page, select the “Troubleshoot and Repair” option.
- The “Troubleshoot and Repair” page will appear on the screen to the users. Here, click the “Download and Run” button.
- Now, the .exe file of the MVT will get downloaded to the “Downloads”(by default) folder of the computer, unless the location is changed by the users.
- Open the “Downloads” folder or the location where the .exe file of the MVT has been downloaded.
- Click the .exe file, and click the “Run” button.
- After this, the MVT tool will start to get install on the device.
- The installation process will take a few minutes. Thus, wait until the MVT tool gets installed on the device.
- On successful installation of the MVT tool on the device, the tool will automatically scan the device to detect the issues prevailed inside the McAfee product.
- If any of the issues are detected on the device then, click the “Autofix” And follow the instruction set prompted on the screen. Else, click the “X” button to close the tool.
After performing the aforementioned solution, the McAfee Internet Security Suite Error Code 31 still persists on the device then the users may call the McAfee Customer Support on the McAfee toll-free number, to get an instant assistance for resolving the error.
“Mike Metsan is a passionate writer with six years of experience in writing articles and blogs for, AOL Support . He has written hundreds of blogs on the latest technological updates, including the latest Microsoft products, errors associated with the antivirus and security software. While writing, his main motto is to deliver the accurate information to the readers.”