McAfee WebAdvisor or SiteAdvisor offers high-end internet security for different versions of Windows operating system, Mac, and Android devices. The McAfee.com/Activate product provides personal safety to your device when to connect to the internet or download any file online. However, the software causes errors when you attempt McAfee activation or to upgrade the product. Users often experience troubles while updating or upgrading the product. The most common problem comes while uninstalling the product.
You can install WebAdvisor and SiteAdvisor can as mentioned apps:
- A standaloneapp
- An integrated part of a McAfee security suite
McAfee WebAdvisor antivirus software is compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10 and if you have Windows XP or Vista, you should select McAfee SiteAdvisor. These McAfee products are also compatible with Mac and Android devices. However, there are cases when you encounter errors with the McAfee product. When you upgrade to another McAfee product or any other security software, it is essential to remove the older version to avoid software conflicts. In such situations, the error occurs and you face trouble while uninstalling of McAfee WebAdvisor or SiteAdvisor. Restart your device and follow the procedure.
Remove McAfee (McAfee.com/Activate) WebAdvisor or SiteAdvisor from Windows Operating System:
- Close all the web browsers and running programs
- Click on the start button and either type control panel or find it on the bottom-left side of the Start menu
- Click on the Programs and Features option
- From the list of software and apps installed in your Windows system, select McAfee WebAdvisor or McAfee SiteAdvisor (Whichever is installed in your device)
- Click Uninstall/ Remove and restart your computer once the program is removed completely
The product is uninstalled successfully. Now you can upgrade to any of the McAfee.com/Activate product and activate it using McAfee MAV Retail Card.
Remove McAfee WebAdvisor or SiteAdvisor from Mac-
- Exit all the running programs
- Click the hard disk icon and open Application Folder
- Click go and select McAfee SiteAdvisor or if you don’t find the app, type /Application/SiteAdvisor folder and browse the file
- Select the file and click Uninstall. Tgz to unzip the folder
- Double-click the Uninstall file option
- Now the file will uninstall automatically and if not then follow the instructions to uninstall that will be displayed in the screen
The McAfee antivirus is now successfully removed from your Mac device and you can easily.
Mike Metsan is a renowned technical writer. He keeps a strict lookout over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through his articles and blogs, he strives to deliver the accurate information in order to help the readers know about the latest updates and fix the common to complex errors