McAfee is one of the largest dedicated security technology companies that have developed various computer antivirus software or the online security solutions to provide a layer of protection against all the threats. Sometimes, the users faces the memory issues on his device and thus, in the below mentioned information, we are introducing an easy solution to limit the amount of memory used by McAfee.
Some of the McAfee products may consume a large amount of memory and other resources of the device, either while the McAfee scanner scans the system files or while the product gets updated automatically/ manually. This large memory consumption by the McAfee Scanner results in various performance issues of the device. Some of them are as follows:
- Slow performance
- Late response to the users’ instructions
- Blue screen
- Other software may not get enough resources to run its features properly.
- The system gets hang again and again.
McAfee scanner is an automatic feature that runs automatically on the device to ensure a complete protection against malware, spyware and other such threats that may harm the personal data of the users. When the McAfee product downloads its updates automatically or manually, it utilizes the internet and thus, the bandwidth gets consumed.
Now, follow the stepwise procedure mentioned below to limit the amount of memory used by McAfee:
- While the McAfee is running its scanner to scan the malware on the device, press “Ctrl+ Alt+ Delete” on the keyboard.
- Now, click the “Task Manager”.
- A dialog window, named as Task Manager Window will appear on the screen.
- From this dialog window, select “More Details” option displayed at the bottom of the window.
- After this, select the “Details” tab.
- Now, right click the “scan32.exe” option in the running operations list.
- In the “Set Priority” section, set the priority of the McAfee product depending up on the resources of the system.
- Now, set the priority as “Low”, to limit the usage of the system resources to be the lowest.
- Don’t forget to select “Save Changes” button to save the all the changes made on the “Task Manager Window”.
Thus, by limiting the amount of memory used by McAfee products, the users may optimize the performance of the device as before. The main goal of the McAfee product i.e. the level of the security will not get affected by adding the limitations on the resources consumption by McAfee products.
If you face any error or issue while performing the aforementioned steps to limit the amount of memory used by McAfee, then contact the McAfee.com/activate Customer Support to fix the issue and error quickly and easily.
Mike Metsan is a renowned technical writer. He keeps a strict lookout over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through his articles and blogs, he strives to deliver the accurate information in order to help the readers know about the latest updates and fix the common to complex errors.