McAfee antivirus is one of the top names when it comes to ensure high-level of protection from all kinds of viruses, phishing scams or online frauds. It ensures the following:
- Safe online transactions
- Safe web browsing
- Protection from viruses, Trojan horses, phishing scams, spyware, malware, etc.
Before you download any of the McAfee products, make sure your system meets the required specifications. Apart from this, also ensure the following:
- Verify that the Windows is updated to its latest version
If the Windows operating system installed on your device is not up-to-date then it may cause further errors during installation of your McAfee Activate . To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu
- Type Windows update in the search box and hit Enter
- Click Check for Updates
- Follow the further instructions and update your operating system
- Download and then Run the McAfee Pre-install tool
- Get the pre-install tool and save it at your desktop
- Double-click the Pre-install_tool.exe file
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions
- Read the message displayed and click OK
- Once the tool installation finishes, click OK
- Now, click Close and then restart your device
- Remove any existing security software
Doesn’t matter it is a McAfee antivirus or some other brand, two security software installed on a device always results in software conflict. So, to remove the already installed McAfee subscription from your device, you need to follow these steps:
- Open Start menu
- Search for Control Panel
- From All Programs, choose Add and Remove Programs
- From the list of programs, choose McAfee and right-click on it
- Now, choose Uninstall
- Run the MCPR tool
- If you have ever downloaded McAfee product then it is better to run McAfee Consumer Product Tool. The tool will automatically clean up the old and the junk files.
- It is recommended to download the new or better to say, the latest copy of MCPR tool
- MCPR tool will automatically clean up or remove the old files which may cause a halt in the successful installation of your latest McAfee product
- Once done, restart your device
Once you do all the aforementioned checks, download your purchased McAfee product either from McAfee online store or by inserting the CD. After the completion of download, installation and activation of the McAfee product, it will start protecting your device, software and applications.
Sherry Williams, the author of this article is expert in providing the solutions for the most basic to the complex security issues, antivirus errors, printer errors, browser problems and other allied issues. She has been writing technical articles and blogs from the last 2.5 years.