McAfee is one of the top brands that have been launching a number of antivirus software to offer a better protection to its users against the various threat attacks that may harm the personal data of the users. Sometimes the users may face common issues while running the McAfee software to detect all the threats prevailing on the device and one of such issue is “Your Computer is at risk”. In the below information, we are introducing a McAfee tool named as MVT ( McAfee Virtual Technician ) for resolving the “Your Computer is at risk” issue.
A message box displaying the following messages will appear on the screen as soon as the McAfee antivirus software will detect any problem on that device:
- At risk – Verify Update
- At risk – Turn on Real-Time Scanning
- At risk – Turn on Firewall
- At risk
These messages displayed on the screen, depends on the cause of the issue. For an instance: in the error message “At risk – Verify Update”, the “Verify update” is the cause of the error.
Before initiating the process of resolving the issue, ensure that the McAfee software has been updated. The product will automatically get updated, if the updates of the McAfee product are available. Now, wait until the McAfee software gets updated.
Once the software gets updated, restart the device and again run the complete scan process. If the “At risk” error still persists on the device, then follow the methods mentioned below to get rid of that issue:
Methods 1: Run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT):
(Important Note: The McAfee Virtual Technician is a software tool that automatically runs to scan all the issues prevailing on the McAfee product installed on the device.)
- Firstly, the users need to download the MVT tool. To do so, visit the official website of McAfee antivirus.
- Here, click the “Troubleshoot and Repair” page.
- On this page, click the “Download and Run” button.
- Now, save the “mvt.exe” file on the desktop or at any location.
- After downloading the .exe file, either double-click the file or tap the “Yes” button to run the MVT.
- Wait till the MVT tool gets installed on the device.
- After the tool gets installed on to the device, the MVT will get started and automatically scan the device for all the issues related to the McAfee products.
- If any of the issues are found on the device, then click the “Autofix” button on the tool else, close the tool.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to fix the issue.
- At last, again scan the device and if the status still shows that “Your Computer is at risk” then follow the Method 2.
Method 2: Reinstall the Software:
- Uninstall the McAfee product that has been installed on the device using the standard removal method.
- For uninstalling, go to the Control Panel >> Uninstall a program.
- Search the McAfee program and then click the “Uninstall” option.
Steps of re-installing the McAfee product are:
- Visit the Official website of McAfee.
- Now, sign in to the McAfee account.
- And then, click the “My Account” option.
- In this window, search and select the PC you are currently using.
- After this, select the McAfee product subscribed by the users.
- Now, click the “Download” button.
- Mark the “I Agree” checkbox after reading the End User License Agreement, in order to make an agreement to it.
- Follow the instruction set displayed on the screen to install the McAfee product on the device.
Now, run the McAfee product on the device for scanning the issues of it. And if still the status is “Your Computer is at risk”, then contact the McAfee.com/activate Customer Support on the McAfee Activate toll-free number to get an instant assistance for resolving the issue.
Mike Metsan is a renowned technical writer. He keeps a strict lookout over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through his articles and blogs, he strives to deliver the accurate information in order to help the readers know about the latest updates and fix the common to complex errors.