McAfee offers world-class security solutions to protect your digital world from online threats, phishing scams, Ransomware attacks and other viruses. To protect your computer system with McAfee, all you need to do is download, install and activate any McAfee subscription. The steps for these three processes vary depending upon the medium (Online or Offline) through which you have purchased the McAfee subscription.
In the former case, you get a product key in an email on your registered email ID. On the other hand, if you purchase McAfee subscription offline, you will get a retail card on the back of which the product key is listed. You will need this product key for activating your McAfee subscription after its installation. While activating the McAfee subscription purchased offline, you may find some errors and the solution of which has been provided in this article:
- Error: “There is no option to redeem your retail card at the website you went to”
Solution: Check the URL you have entered to redeem your retail card. There may be a mistake in that URL. Correct it and try redeeming it once again.
- Error: Product key don’t corresponds to the country and the language you have selected
Solution: From the language drop-down list available at the top of the website, select the right country and language to match with that specified on your retail card.
- Error: Invalid product key
Solution: You might have typed or entered the product key incorrectly. Cross check the key once again and try activating the subscription once again.
- Error: Key already in use
Solution: This error could happen if you are installing your McAfee Activate product to a second computer using the previously used product key. This can be done only when you have purchased a multi-user McAfee subscription.
- Error: Issue in activating McAfee using a CD
Solution: This error occurs if the store from where you have purchased the retail card failed or forgets to activate it. Check the same with the store.
- Error: “Sorry, but it looks like the store you got the card from forgot to activate your card. Ask the store to activate it, and then try again”
- Put the CD in your drive. Installation begins automatically.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install your McAfee product.
- Right-click the McAfee icon on your taskbar and select Activate now.
- Type the CD Key and select Activate.
Hope the given solutions were helpful! But if you are still facing the issue, don’t hesitate in contacting McAfee Customer Support Team. The team works 24*7, so you can call them at any time.